|Ranga Raju Vatsavai, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Computer Science, NC State University.
Associate Director, Center for Geospaital Analytics (CGA), NC State Univerity.
Joint Faculty, Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL).
is a Chancellorís Faculty Excellence Program
Professor in Geospatial Analytics in the Department of Computer
Science, North Carolina State University (NCSU). He works at the
intersection of spatial and temporal big data management, analytics,
and high performance computing with applications in the national
security, geospatial intelligence, natural resources, climate change,
location-based services, and human terrain mapping. Before joining
NCSU, Raju was the Lead Data Scientist for CSE Division at ORNL. As the
Director of the Center for Geospatial Analytics (CGA), Raju plays a
leadership role in the centerís strategic vision for spatial computing
research. He holds MS and PhD in Computer Science from the University of Minnesota.
|[rvatsavai at acm dot org] [dblp] [Scholar] [MS Academic Search] [ArnetMiner] Research Group [STAC]
Keynote talk (data mining special session) at the 8th International
Workshop on the Analysis of Multitemporal Remote Sensing Images (Multitemp), July 22-24, 2015 Ė Annecy, France.
- Lightening talk on "Internet of Things (IoT), Social Media, and Smart Cities," at the UCGIS 2015 Symposium.
- Joined NC State in Fall 2014.
- Paper presented at KDD-13: "Gaussian Multiple Instance
Learning Approach for Mapping the Slums of the World Using Very High
- Invited Talk: "Recent Advances in Classification and Monitoring Using Very High Resolution Imagery" at the XVI Brazilian Remote Sensing Symposium (SBSR-13).
- Full day tutorial on "Advanced Classification Techniques for Remote Sensing" at the IEEE IGARSS 2013 conference. [photo]
- Dagstuhl Seminar on "Interoperation in Complex Information Ecosystems." Talk: "Heterogeneous Information Integration and Mining." [photo]
- Position paper and panel presentation on "Geospatial
Analytics for Big Spatiotemporal Data: Algorithms, Applications, and
Challenges" at the Big Data and Extreme-Scale Computing (BDEC-2013) [photo]
- CSC591: Foundations of Data Science (Fall 2015)
- CSC 591/791: Spatial and Temporal Data Mining (Spring 2015)
- CSC 522: Automated Learning and Data Analysis (Fall 2014)
- Program Committees
- 2015: ACM KDD, IIT'15, IEEE BigData Congress, Multitemp, ACM SIGSPATIAL GIS, ECML/PKDD,
- 2014: SDM, ACM KDD, ACM SIGSPATIAL GIS
- 2013: SDM, ACM KDD, ACM SIGSPATIAL GIS, CIKM, IEEE BigData, ASC/IEEE Big Data
- Editorial Board
- 2013 - 2014: Lead Data Scientist, Computational Sciences and Engineering (CSE) Division, ORNL, Oak Ridge, TN, USA
- 2011 - 2013: Senior Research Scientist, Geospatial Data Sciences Team, GIST/CSE Divsion, ORNL, Oak Ridge, TN, USA
- 2006 - 2010: Research Scientist, Geospatial Data Sciences Team, GIST/CSE Divsion, ORNL, Oak Ridge, TN, USA
- 2004 - 2006: Research Staff Member, IBM-Research, India Research Laboratory, IIT-Delhi Campus, India
- 1999 - 2004: Research Fellow (full-time), Remote Sensing Lab, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis/St. Paul. USA
- 1998 - 1999: Systems Consultant, AT&T Labs (R&D H/Q), Middletown, NJ, USA
- 1995 - 1998: Member Technical Staff, Center for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC), Pune, India
- 1990 - 1995: Technical Assistant, National Forest Data Management Center, FSI, FRI Campus, Dehradun, India.