I am an Alumni Distinguished Undergraduate Professor with the Department of Computer Science. I serve as the Director of Undergraduate Programs for the department. I am a three time graduate of the department, and received my Ph.D. in August of 2009 as part of the RealSearch Group. I received the NC State University Outstanding Teacher Award and the Alumni Association Outstanding Teacher Award as a representative of the College of Engineering in Spring 2015. I am a member of the Academy of Outstanding Teachers at NC State. As a graduate student, I was a three-time recipient of the IBM Ph.D. Fellowship.
My research interests are in the science of software as applied to computing education research (SOS-CER) - specifically software engineering skill transfer and automated feedback. I'm also affiliated with the Developer Liberation Front research group.
- Brittany Johnson, 2017 (co-advised with Dr. Emerson Murphy-Hill), Postdoctoral Researcher at the University of Massachusetts - Amherst
Summer 2018 Office Hours (5/15/2018 to 8/17/2018)
- By appointment (email to arrange)
CV/ResumeLink to CV
PhD 2009 Computer Science, North Carolina State University
MCS 2005 Computer Science, North Carolina State University
BS 2004 Computer Science, North Carolina State University
- Alumni Distinguished Undergraduate Professor, 2018
- Alumni Association Outstanding Teacher Award, 2015
- Outstanding Teacher Award, 2015, with membership in the Academy of Outstanding Teachers
- The Carol Miller Undergraduate Lecturer Award, 2013-2014
- Most Receptive Undergraduate Professor Outside the Classroom Award, 2012-2013
- Most Receptive Professor Outside the Classroom Award, 2010-2011