ACM SIGCSE (Special Interest Group in Computer Science Education)
I have served on the Program and Organizing Committees for the SIGCSE Technical Symposium (SIGCSE TS) for several years in addition to reviewing for the SIGCSE Technical Symposium and ITiCSE. I am thrilled to continue serving as the Co-Program chair for SIGCSE 2020! In my two years as SIGCSE Program Chair we have 1) increased the page length of SIGCSE TS papers from 6 pages to 6 pages + 1 page for references and 2) increased the poster from a 250-word abstract to a one-page extended abstract. Both innovations provide the opportunity for SIGCSE TS authors to provide more detail about their work so that others can better replicate their studies. Additionally, we have worked to improve the reviewer matching and the reviewer process to provide better reviews and feedback to SIGCSE authors.
- SIGCSE Technical Symposium Co-Program Chair: 2019 & 2020
- SIGCSE Technical Symposium Posters Track Chair: 2018
- SIGCSE Technical Symposium Demos Track Chair: 2017
- SIGCSE Technical Symposium Student Volunteers and Student Activites Coordinator: 2015, 2016, 2017
- SIGCSE Technical Symposium Affiliated Events Chair: 2013
- SIGCSE Technical Symposium Local Arrangements Coordinator: 2012
Director of Undergraduate Programs, CSC @ NCSU
I am the Director of Undergraduate Programs for the Department of Computer Science and NC State University (since July 2018). I maintain the core undergraduate curriculum and support undergraduate programs for CSC. I lead the creation of two new undergradaute tracks in Entrepreneurship and Security.
Guest Editor ACM TOCE
I served as a Guest Co-Editor for the ACM TOCE Special Issue on Capstones and Project Courses